4/19/11

Guilty Pleasures

So as I was channel surfing one night I came across Bitchin’ Kitchen on the cooking channel.

I was dumbfounded.
Couldn’t decide if I loved it or hated it.
Yes it is Campy.
Yes it is over the top and the host losses her “accent” as often as not.

But like a train wreck I could not help but continue watching.
An noticing the like details like chainmail “towel” on the stove, or the silver baby doll head vases full of roses.
I love that there is always a camera shot of the Nadia’s stilettos,
And that she says things like “It’s not rocket surgery.”

And then on Sunday night we made the peanut butter banana fritters.

And now I’m completely hooked.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh man, those look DELICIOUS! I must get the recipe!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

Ummm... those look awfully delicious and I am thinking you may have to make them again while we are out there! Did you take the pic of the fritters? They look amazing and I love the chocolate writing... how clever!

Amy said...

I did not take the pic of the fritters. I stole it off the website. Jen if you want the recipe I linked to it with the "here" tab.