11/22/10

I’ll admit it….

(Thanks, Jen for the Blog Inspiration)


Sometimes I go days without eating a piece of fruit or a vegetable. My eating habits have a lot more in common with my 3 year old niece that I want to admit.



I dislike teachers who show movies, I think that it is lazy and uncreative. I have shown 1 movie in the past 2 years and I thought long and hard about it first then felt guilty the whole time.



I keep track of weird things and I’m really motivated by numbers or keeping score. Like counting the number of books I read in a week or the number of steps I take. Assigning numbers to things is the best way for me to get things done. Sometimes I get anxious when I don’t reach the goal I have set for myself, even when I know it is unrealistic. (Yes I’m aware that there are words for the people who do this.)



There have been times in my life when I actually compared the rent late fee and overdraft check fee and picked which one is less. I love not having to do that anymore.



I watch a lot of T.V. Every time I hear my parents complaining about how much T.V. my little brother watches I think, hum… I watch a lot more than that. And I spend all week looking forward to Sunday Night because that is when the best T.V. shows are on.



I am afraid that I do not give Todd enough credit for how great he is.



I can make cooking really complicated when it is not. Todd says it’s because I try to multi-task when I should be focusing. He is right.



I almost always do my homework on Sunday night. Class is on Monday Night. It is always stressful and I always regret it, but don’t do a lot to change it.



I wish I wore more fun and funky clothing but am scared to try it, that it won’t fit with how other people see me or that I will look silly.



I don’t know how to say no. Like telling my boss, “Sure I’ll make a Dorothy from Wizard of Oz costume for your dog” Sometimes I hear myself agreeing to do something that I do not have the time, energy, or desire to make work because I don’t want to let other people down. In my mind I hear myself ask why in the hell I’m agreeing or offering to do ______________, when I know I have already over committed myself. I keep going anyway.



It took a really long time for the sound of ambulance sirens to not bother me. For years all I could think about when I heard them was somebody’s daughter, father, spouse it getting “that” phone call right now. I hated getting “that” phone call. Now I feel guilty that it no longer crosses my mind.



Like Jen, I thought I would be further in life by now. Done with more school, have kids, own a house, all that stuff.



There is a student at my second job who thinks I hate her. I don’t but she is super annoying and I don’t want her to sign up for my class so I don’t go out of my way to be nice to her like I usually do with struggling kids.



I learn the best things from my students. I often catch myself doing something I would never let my students do and then change my behavior.



I secretly want to own a convertible, light blue, V.W. bug.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yessssss! I love this! I've decided that everyone, including myself, need to do more posts like this. They are so fun.

KyJeanell said...

I want a VW convertible bug too! and I always find myself saying the same...why on earth did I agree to do this?!? Love you Amy!

**Sheena** said...

I LOVED THIS!!! I may do one myself... Jen I haven't met you but I like you, you have evidently started a new trend...

Amy just wanted to say I love ya!!! Reading this was great! Thank you for sharing!

**Sheena** said...

I LOVED THIS!!! I may do one myself... Jen I haven't met you but I like you, you have evidently started a new trend...

Amy just wanted to say I love ya!!! Reading this was great! Thank you for sharing!