1/10/12

2011 in review


What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Bought a house, Finished a Masters Degree, got a job as a Director of Education, became a “parent” of sorts, read 99 books, started accepting things being less “perfect,” walked away from a job because it “was time,” got into the Salt Lake Farmers Market, said “no” to one thing.

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope, read 99 books instead of 100 but I accepted that I would rather spend the last days of the year with family than reading alone so I’m ok with this decision.  I set some very ambitious goals for this year though.  Waiting to see how it goes.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Emily, Hilary, many couzins, and a few close friends (Jen, Sheena, Maryanne)

Did anyone close to you die?
Todd lost his Gandfather.

What countries did you visit?
Nope, focused on other things this year.  Hoping to hit Europe with Todd in the spring!

What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I got both from last year.  And Kyle came to live with us which was a total surprise bonus.  So nothing, which makes me think that I need to be far, far, more grateful and happy.


What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
Our first night in our “new” home. 

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing school, getting a job I’ve worked a lot time for, buying a house. 


What was your biggest failure?
I am still not good at saying no but there is nothing that I feel I failed at.  I would like to see myself accept that things will not be perfect and enjoy the moment I am in.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, lucky.

What was the best thing you bought?
The house, such a big project and so very proud that it belongs to US!

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Todd, first, foremost, always.
Kyle, he is funny!  He started over this year which has been very hard.  I would never want to go to a new school like he has.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


Where did most of your money go?
House, buying it and fixing things.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting a house, finishing school, having kyle come live with us, and Todd getting closer to finishing school.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? The same, perhaps just a little thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, Got a raise but not much


What do you wish you'd done less of?
Useless games on Facebook, writing papers for school

What was your favorite TV program?
Shameless, Big Bang Theory, Weeds,  Boardwalk Empire, Project Runway All Stars,  Downton Abby

What was the best book you read?
Time Travelers Wife maybe.

What did you want and get?
House, Guardianship of Kyle, a Mater’s Degree, New Job

What did you want and not get?
Last year’s list : NOTHING

What was your favorite film of this year?
I can’t think of one

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
31, funny I can’t even remember.  Probably food.


What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Todd getting through school, still, always. 

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Simple, I think I need to go back to everything matching a pair of black shoes.


What kept you sane?
Sleep, Todd, friends, accomplishing so big goals, a light at the end of the tunnel.

New nick names?
Nope

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
It’s not perfect and not only is that ok, my life is pretty dam good!

No comments: